Thank you for your interest in the North Woods & Waters of the St. Croix National Heritage Area Feasibility Study.
The Feasibility Study features a rich narrative of the region’s history, culture and natural resources. It also describes the public process that led to this point, and the many places throughout the region where our heritage can be experienced firsthand. It is illustrated with a diverse set of historic and contemporary photos.
The document is based on more than four years of research and discussion throughout the region of Minnesota and Wisconsin connected by the St. Croix River and its tributaries. It makes the case that the area is deserving of national recognition for its stories and resources.
Review the study
July 1, 2014: The comment period is now closed, thank you to everyone who shared your feedback.
The comment period began on May 30, 2014 and closed at 5 p.m. on June 30, 2014.
We have made the document available in several ways below, and also provided multiple options for sending in your comments. It is also available for review at 32 libraries and other public locations around the St. Croix River region. Click here for a list of locations.
Please be as specific as possible in your comments, including page numbers and other details when possible.
Download individual parts:
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1: The Heritage Initiative
- Chapter 2: History of the St. Croix Watershed
- Chapter 3: Important Stories and Special Places
- Chapter 4: A Future for our Region
- Chapter 5: Application of National Heritage Area Criteria
- Appendix 1: Key Participants
- Appendix 2: Community Engagement Supporting Materials
- Appendix 3: Resource Inventory
- Appendix 4: St. Croix National Scenic Riverway
- Appendix 5: Affected Environment
- Appendix 6: Concurrent Studies and Efforts
- Appendix 7: Coordinating Entity – Supporting Materials
- Appendix 8: Regional Support
- Selected References
Please send your comments to email@example.com.
Please send your comments to:
c/o St. Croix Valley Foundation
516 Second Street, Suite 214
Hudson, WI 54016
Please click here to view locations where the Feasibility Study is available in hard copy, with forms to fill out and submit.